Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Press Regulation Questionnaire & Feedback

Press Regulation

I created a questionnaire to collect primary research prior to peoples opinions and views of increasing press regulation. I included a question about social media as a lot of news travels around social networking sites quicker than a news paper. However online there are a lot of fake sites which change the stories, using the official online newspaper sites like BBC News or The Guardian etc are more reliable as they are 100% official.

From my responses of my questionnaire it allowed me to find which newspapers people used to read or still do. I managed to received feed back on how they felt towards the News Of The World hacking phones. One person answered: 'I used to read The News of the World, and yes the revelation of the extent of their phone hacking did change my opinion of the newspaper. They were always bad, but this was unforgivable.' This opened up the different variety of answers of which I received. 'Yes because its really bad' was another answer I got. This let me see how people felt towards the actual paper/hacking trial.

I asked 'Do you think the increase of press regulation will limit news stories?' The majority of people answered yes which the exception of one person who answered. 'No - Britain has always had a very strong record of campaigning and investigative journalism - without resorting to breaking the law or a moral/ethical code.' This again varied my answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment